Radio Sandwell News

Woman and girl die of monoxide poisoning

2013-04-02 00:41:10

A woman and a girl have died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on a boat on Lake Windermere in Cumbria.

North West Ambulance Service said the pair were found on a boat by the jetty near Glebe Road, Bowness, just after 16:00 BST.

They went into cardiac arrest and were taken by air ambulance to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.

Cumbria Police later reported the woman, 36, and girl, aged 10, were dead.

The force said it was called to reports that three people on a private boat were having serious breathing difficulties.

The woman and the girl, both from the Leyland area of Lancashire, were treated at the scene before being taken to hospital.

A man, who was also on the boat, is being treated at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.

"Police are currently investigating the circumstances of this tragic incident and trying to establish the full facts about what has happened," a spokesman said.

Source: bbc.co.uk

Share this story

Related Stories

News around the web

DR Congo: Kidnapped Britons released

Britons held in DR Congo freed

Student groups with a million members back call for second Brexit referendum

Brexit: UK government to host summit on why other countries should join the EU

Metropolitan Police's facial recognition technology 98% inaccurate, figures show

Missing Joe Tilley found dead in Colombia

Russian embassy in Paris requests info from France on knife attacker's nationality

Nearly half a million 'hidden' young people left without state help to survive and find work, ministers warned

Crystal meth found at Home Office headquarters as Sajid Javid boasts about sniffer dogs' prowess

Theresa May faces deadlock over Brexit customs rules, after senior politicians attack both proposed options

Image Slider