Radio Sandwell Miscellanea

Man dies after waiter serves him detergent instead of wine

2015-06-17 16:08:32

wine glass© Getty According to new research, drinkers in England may be consuming the equivalent of 12 million more bottles of wine every week than previously thought

A man has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid “had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff.”

Source: msn.com

Share this story

Related Stories

Miscellanea around the web

Nibiru will soon be ‘visible like moon’ before thunderbolts scorch earth, says astronomer

Watch chairs move and doors slam as ‘ghost of landlord caught on camera in haunted pub’

ATLANTIS FOUND? ‘ancient alien pyramids discovered on ocean floor’

End of the world predicted as Orionids meteor shower peaks

Trump claims he owns 'original' Renoir painting that gallery has displayed since pre-WW2

Brazilian who led U.S. to $17 million under mattress pleads guilty

End of the world beginning in YELLOWSTONE? Nibiru spotted over volcano

New York police round up wandering cow in Brooklyn park

Are we about to get proof of aliens? Clinton campaign chief tweets #TheTruthIsOutThere

LEGENDARY PROOF? Film shows shocked crowd around 60ft long ‘Dragon skeleton’ in China

Image Slider