Radio Sandwell Local News

Thug jailed over brutal attack on mum in front of her infant son

2015-05-06 00:30:48

Holly Hayles and Rees AdamsonHolly Hayles (left) and Rees Adamson

A Solihull mum has revealed the sickening injuries inflicted by a crazed thug who beat her black and blue in front of her infant son.

Jilted Rees Adamson shared just three dates with Holly Hayles before he battered down her front door and launched the sickening attack.

The full-time mum – who refused to see him again after discovering he had a violent past – was savagely beaten as she cradled her 22-month-old son, Spencer.

Adamson, 26, even beat Ms Hayles with her own son’s miniature chair, as well as a glass bottle.

The thug had earlier confessed his love for her despite knowing her for less than a month.

The Mail told last week how he was jailed for five years, with an extended licence of three more years, over the January attack.

Holly Hayles trashed room

Rees Adamson trashed Ms Hayle's home as he
attacked her

Birmingham Crown Court heard Adamson, of Broom Hall Grove, Acocks Green, had subjected other women to violence.

He pleading guilty to a charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and was banned from contacting Ms Hayles for an indefinite period.

Speaking of her ordeal, she said: “I thought I was going to die, but while the pain surged through my body all I thought about was protecting my son.

“While Rees was punching my face, I clung on to Spencer tighter and tighter trying to shield him from getting hurt.

“I begged him to stop but he didn’t.

“Instead he grabbed Spencer’s little chair and whacked it over my head, before smashing a glass bottle over me.

“It was like something out of a horror movie as I watched Rees trash our home.”

Ms Hayles met Adamson through a mutual friend but initially knew nothing of his violent past.

She said: “Somebody told me about what he had done before and I told him I did not want to see him again.

“That was when the attack happened.

“I’m so glad the whole ordeal is finally over and he’s now behind bars where he can’t hurt anyone else.

“My only aim was to protect my son.

He witnessed everything.

“My scars have healed and we now have to get on with our lives.”

Ms Hayles first reported Adamson to police after he turned up at her home, kicked the door down and stole her mobile phone.

Adamson was arrested, bailed and told not to contact her.

But within days he began bombarding her with more messages.

Passing sentence, Judge Simon Drew QC told Adamson: “You have a history of violence against women.

“When they cross you, as you see it, you deal with it in one way.

“In the heat of the moment, and fuelled by alcohol, all sense and reason fled.”

Tom Schofield, defending, said Adamson suffered from mental health difficulties and his life had been “blighted” by the death of his father when he was 13.

Share this story

Related Stories

Local news around the web

Bus lane camera nets £1m in six months for Sandwell Council

Segregated schools could face new inspections, says Ofsted

It's bostin to be a Black Country mon

Excitement builds for Hughes homecoming

Police cleared of blame after officers fail to find dead driver's body for THREE WEEKS

Jewellery Quarter BID pledges free public wi-fi

Four jobs in the West Midlands that pay between £10 and £20 an hour

Company wants to pay you £47.50 an hour to serve cocktails

Thousands gather at Jeremy Corbyn's Labour rally in Birmingham

Armed cops arrest duo in dramatic swoop on car in Aldridge

Image Slider