Stephen Lawrence was 18 when was he was killed in a racially-motivated attack
A sixth man arrested over the murder of Stephen Lawrence will not be prosecuted, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said.
A spokesman said there was insufficient evidence for a prosecution.
The man in his 40s was arrested on 23 December last year.
Mr Lawrence, 18, was stabbed to death by a gang of white youths in a racist attack as he waited at a bus stop in south east London with a friend on April 22 1993.
Lionel Idan, deputy chief crown prosecutor, said: "After careful consideration it has been decided that there is insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction."
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "He was bailed to return pending further inquiries and a file submitted to the CPS for their consideration.
"The individual has now been advised there will be no further action against him."
It took more than 18 years to bring two of Mr Lawrence's killers - Gary Dobson and David Norris - to justice.
They were found guilty by a jury at the Old Bailey in January 2012.
They were initially arrested in 1993 along with three other men.
Charges against all five were dropped later that year but in 2007 the case was reviewed following a BBC documentary which raised fresh questions about the suspects.
The police then looked at the evidence again, using new forensic technology, and in 2011 charged Dobson and Norris with the murder.
Gary Dobson and David Norris were convicted of murder by an Old Bailey jury