Radio Sandwell African / Caribbean News
Karen Blackett 'most influential black person in Britain'
Karen Blackett is CEO of MediaCom UK
London business woman Karen Blackett has been named as the most influential black person in Britain.
The 43 year old, who is CEO of Media Com UK, is the first ever business woman to top the Power list.
She beat Oscar winning director Steve McQueen, a Google executive and several MPs.
The top ten on the Powerlist 2015 are:
- Karen Blackett, CEO, MediaCom UK
- Ken Olisa, Thomson Reuters, Powerlist Foundation charity
- Chuka Umunna, Shadow Business Secretary (Labour MP, Streatham) / and Helen Grant, Minister for Sport and Tourism
- Sandie Okoro, Global General Council, HSBC Global Asset Management
- Steve McQueen, Artist/Director
- Matthew Ryder QC
- Sharon White, Second Permanent Secretary of the Treasury
- Lenny Henry and Idris Elba
- Adrian Joseph, Search Advertising Northern
- Lewis Hamilton, Formula 1 driver